I felt this way several times this week.
On Wednesday I walked into work after being outside for 10 minutes. I was greeted by the receptionist who told me that Deb was trying to get a hold of me and that I needed to call home right away.
Sam decided to remove his dressing and tried to tug out his central line after his nap. A quick trip to the ER confirmed that his line placement was still OK.
Thursday arrived along with a nasty head cold for Sam and for Myself. I started to feel better by Friday and Sam appeared to be feeling better as well. Then he woke up this morning screaming and tugging at his ear.So we rushed into this clinic to have his ears checked. No ear infection - most likely the fact that his molars are coming in that is causing the screaming.
Unfortunately as I was getting Sam undressed at the clinic I noticed that there was discharge around his central line site - AGAIN - so we are now inpatient - AGAIN- so we can start IV antibiotics -AGAIN- and hopefully be able to save this line. If we have to pull this line it will be the third in less than 3 months. I am so frustrated with the whole situation as there really isn't much more we can do to try to prevent these infections, but we can't continue to have new lines put in every few weeks.
I will update more as soon as we have any new information. It is way past time for Sam's nap and he really needs to sleep.
Post a Comment